Monday, February 17, 2014

Welcome to Great Huts!

Feb 17th, 2014

Today was our first day at Great Huts!

To be honest, I’ve been kind of dreading the bug situation here (especially considering the fact that saying I am afraid of bugs would be putting it lightly), but it is definitely not as bad I had anticipated! However, if I never have to see another mosquito or lizard in my life it would be too soon! The huts themselves are also amazing and even more remarkable in person than they looked online.





We met in one of the larger huts today for our first meeting at Great Huts, and discussed things we had already observed since we’d been there and also hammered out the plan for the next few days.  I’m in charge of dissecting the reward and job structure at Great Huts, which should be an interesting experience! I’m excited to get to know the staff more, immerse myself in the Afro-Jamaican culture and see what else Great Huts has to offer!